Scholastic excellence is very important to us at Beta Sigma Psi. When adjusting to school and life away from home, many students find it difficult to meet the academic challenges of university life alone. Luckily, Beta Sig provides a home away from home and numerous older students who are happy to help. It is not unusual to see Beta Sigs studying together in the lounge or an older brother helping a younger brother with his homework. In addition to a formal scholarship plan, designed to encourage good study habits, Beta Sigma Psi also has its own personal Faculty Advisor and Alumni Advisor who are always on hand to assist members academically or in navigating the university rules and regulations.
In recent years, Beta Sig has maintained one of the top GPAs among fraternities. Considering that the University of Illinois is a top tier institution and has the largest Greek system in the United States, that’s quite an accomplishment.
- Scholastic Achievements and Awards
- Spring 2015: 3.45 Cumulative GPA, ranked 1st of 47 IFC fraternities
- Fall 2014: 3.23 Cumulative GPA, ranked 4th of 49 IFC fraternities
- Spring 2014: 3.24 Cumulative GPA, ranked 7th of 49 IFC fraternities
- Fall 2013: 3.30 Cumulative GPA, ranked 5th of 49 IFC fraternities
- Spring 2013: 3.45 Cumulative GPA, ranked 1st of 49 IFC fraternities
Each year, the Beta Sigma Psi Educational Foundation offers scholarships to current members of the fraternity based on Academic Excellence, Campus Involvement, and Financial Need. In addition, the Alpha Alumni Chapter of Beta Sigma Psi annually offers a $1,500 scholarship to an incoming freshman Lutheran male.